About eSmart Systems
Norwegian company eSmart Systems was among one of the first in the world to develop an Artificial Intelligence based solution, Grid Vision®, for the inspection and maintenance of critical energy infrastructure.
Today eSmart Systems is a leading provider of AI-powered solutions for the inspection and maintenance of the grid, contributing to the green transition and a digital future. With the Grid Vision® portfolio, the company provides Inspection Management and Asset Information Management solutions and services to utilities globally, including several of the largest energy companies such as Naturgy, Xcel Energy and E.ON.
In the recently completed Series B share issue, the current investors – Equinor Ventures, Kongsberg Group, Nysnø Climate Investments, Energy Impact Partners, and Future Energy Ventures – together with the U.S.-based investment fund manager, Arosa Capital, have raised ~€40 million. The capital will be used to accelerate the company’s commercial development and international growth.
For more information about the company please visit www.esmartsystems.com.
Position: Corporate Lawyer
As we expand and grow in new markets, we need to strengthen our commercial team and we are actively looking for a corporate lawyer to join our team. We are looking for someone who has extensive experience working with international contracts and agreements within the energy sector. This role will work closely with the commercial organization and leadership team and will be central to securing our international position and growth.
If you are interested in or have experience within the area of international trade, contracts, corporate law, energy markets and law then this role is for you. We are looking for someone with sound commercial expertise, pride in your profession, ability to communicate and negotiate on behalf of the company with customers.
An important part of the role will be to work with local legal counsel in the countries we operate, develop and maintain an international legal network of contacts. This role offers an excellent opportunity to define processes and legal rigor within our organization.
If you can drive processes, work in an international environment and with diverse technical and professional groups then this role is for you.
eSmart Systems can offer:
- Professional development in a hectic fast-paced environment
- A flat and dynamic organization with ambitions and short communication lines
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Employee stock option program
- Offices centrally located in Oslo
- Cooperation with lawyers in other countries to secure compliance in relevant areas
- Shaping and negotiating contracts
- Reviewing bid documents and agreements
- Negotiating terms with client representatives
- Steward the main legal and commercial principles important to eSmart Systems, as well as our standard contracts for our SaaS delivery for different markets/countries
- Support our CEO/CFO and the Board of Directors (BoD) with legal advice and decision processes
- Support the BoD in development of the corporate structure and more
- Support our international organization with legal advice.
- Support our international sales team in RFI/RFP processes
- Work with the organization to meet requirements for sustainability and sustainability reporting according to international agreements
- Certified Lawyer or has a comparable education and experience.
- 3-6 years’ experience within the area of international contracts and agreements
- Ability to understand complex issues to a high level of detail and understand how to identify and minimize commercial risk in long term contracts.
- Has experience with EU directives and law, especially within the energy sector
- Knowledge on regulations and processes for public procurements
- Fluent in Norwegian and English language speaking and writing. Additional languages will be considered positively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
eSmart Systems core values include integrity, innovation, excellence, and teamwork. We are dedicated to promoting equal opportunities and would like to get to know you better. Come help us create solutions and deliver services that will accelerate the energy transition to a sustainable future
Please reach out to us for a confidential conversation if the opportunity appeal to you.
Contact: COO, Ole Jørgen Melleby, telefon +47 932 41 690 /